Saturday 30 June 2007

The cusp

You know sometimes, fate can deal a hand that can actually be considered a blessing in disguise. Take astrology for instance; I am quite an analytical type of person and I am also rather good at dealing with the abstract. I have been told I can see that which is not immediately apparent to others, (others however, sometimes pause for a couple of seconds as they ponder my "perceptive" offerings, before defiantly declaring "BULLSHIT!", but never mind). I don't actually do astrology. I am vaguely interested in it and, in theory, I would like to know more, but I, born in Australia on the 22nd November 1973 at 6:17pm (for anyone who cares), am perfectly placed on the cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius.

I have had a professional reading done, which places me JUST inside Scorpio territory, but many of the write ups often have the 22nd November down in Sagittarius, therefore I am conflicted, and often bamboozled when confronted with advice offered by "The Stars", mainly due to my feelings of obligation toward reading both signs. Such a conundrum ensures I not pin all my vague hopes of some enlightening piece of trivia, so easily retrieved from within the pages of the local rag.

I am more of a do-it-yourself kind of girl anyway, and so I find numerology to be more to my liking, as far as predictive devices go; everyone's birthday is their own, thus eliminating problems to do with times and geography. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the science of astrology, but it is too complicated for my novice brain, so I don't do it.

I actually did a 6 month numerology course, a couple of years ago. I loved it. I was working the numbers and studying, at every possible opportunity. I even turned into one of those annoying friends who provide impromptu readings (apologies to any who had to endue that. I do try not to do that so much anymore).

These days, I run the numbers more for my own information. I am not fanatical about dates and stuff, I just find the trends interesting in how they correlate to particular goings on for that day/month/year/9-year cycle.

Personally, there are too many variables to astrology AND numerology for one to give a quick and simple impersonal reading in a newspaper or online like setting. I can see the value when worked out for an individual based on that individuals specifics, but other wise....I did talk to a guy who worked for a newspaper, who did tell me, when their astrologist is sick -"they just make it up"! I kid you not.

Fro all of you who are in a similar boat, read here to learn more about the dreaded cusp! Or here to gather further insight into one of your favourite Sunday Scribblers.

3 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

I enjoy the number thing and especially the number 7. I'm a cusp baby too...argh!

BeLoved.... said...

i am looking forward to some time to read more of your writing. would you mind giving me the link to sunday scribblings? sounds like another great place for ideas.

Anonymous said...

I think Cusp is bullshit.I thought I was a Taurus/Gemini cusp but I wasn't I was just a Gemini because i've read everyone that was a Gemini and they have the same feelings and everything else.