Tuesday 6 March 2007

The Lake House

I just watched The Lake House starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock.

I am uncertain as to whether I love it or hate it...

I mean, without giving too much away, I loved the dialogue; the idea of a mysterious impossible communication; the reaching out to each other anyway they could; the crossed paths and chance meetings, and I really loved the ending.

But....

Did any, among those who have seen this move, ever wonder why she didn't just attempt to Google the guy or something; he was the son of a famous Architect....

And that SONG - bloody awful!

I am sooooOOOooooo unromantic.

7 comments:

shishyboo said...

The movie had a nice premise, however impossible and I agree the ending was good.

I reckon it was at least half an hour too long and was a tad slow in places. At times I felt like chucking popcorn at the screen and yelling, Get on with it!

But hey! we got there in the end... I don't know what I would have done if it didn't all work out, popped a rivet maybe :-)

PS thanks for your lovely comment on my odyssey post x

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I haven't been able to convince my hubby to rent that one yet, but then I haven't tried very hard. I'm soppy enough on my own, after all. =P

Muse said...

Yes, I watched it twice, and the second time was even more painful.

But it does have a slight sigh factor...

Perhaps they should have set it in the days before Google, etc...

Overall, two stars from me.

strauss said...

What! The Muse knocking a romantic movie - I thought that one would be right up your alley.

Muse said...

Yep wonders never cease.

And I never cease to wonder.

Scribbit said...

I liked it mostly because I love all Sandra Bullock's romantic movies.

I loved the architecture of that house.

But also thought there had to be an easier way to get together.

I'm excited to see Premonition.

strauss said...

I am interested to see that movie too.