Friday 9 November 2007

panic setting in

Fatigued, over-whelmed, panicked, helpless, stressed - just a few words to describe the state of my being just now.


We have hit the final stretch; Misters last day of elementary school, Missy Mopp’s last day of pre-school yesterday and final ballet session today; Ashley’s last day at the office. We leave on Tuesday, and thus far, do not have a place to stay when we land in Adelaide on the 19th. Yes! You heard that right.


I feel that I have scoured all the Internet sites looking for something appropriate, but I am finding, as was the case in finding our current abode, finding affordable, furnished, short term family accommodation is bloody near impossible. As yet, I have been unsuccessful. I don’t really know what we are going to do. We need something for about 4 weeks till we get ourselves sorted, by this time I am hoping that we will have bought something to move into permanently.

There are still a few options that I can look into, but I now have to wait until Monday when the offices open again; these are student accommodations. I am hoping, with the end of semester looming, there might be a place to rent till Christmas. Most of these places are being advertised for the new school year and are asking for a 6 month or 1 year contract, so basically...I am seriously praying for a miracle.

Pray with me.....

5 comments:

ELIZABETH said...

Fingers crossed.

Kathleen said...

Okay...I am going to assume that Holly's place in Adelaide is taken...and that you've asked her to check around with those she knows there? Of course you have....
We'll certainly be praying for you, and I'd like to put this request on our church prayer line if that's okay.
I can't believe the time is here...

Tracey said...

Oh boy.. feeling the tingling and anxiety from here. I had been thinking 'it must be soon'. I wish I could come up with a miracle solution for you.. I feel the urge to google 'short term accommodation Adelaide' for you, but I know you would have done so already. I hope you have family to go to when you first get there. It will surely be easier to find somewhere when you are physically there, or at least just a local phone call away.

What about cabins at caravan parks? (though, mind you, these days they can be as expensive as 4 star hotels...)

Will be thinking of you as you say your goodbyes, and get on that plane.

And in Hitchhikers Guide tradition the best advice I can offer is to pack a towel, and DON'T PANIC!!

Unknown said...

You are in my prayers. Hang in there and know that everything is going to work out. I really believe it. Your leap will be recognized by the universe.

Muse said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Yes, why haven't you asked me or Holly for help in this. I will see if I can find anyone needing a housesitter... You never know.

Good luck with everything. And enjoy the fun bits!

Thinking of you.

H